Hostlantic is a fast-paced, growing company that can never have enough savvy, enthusiastic and innovative talent on our team. We offer a competitive salary, casual work environment and a full range of benefits. Check out our latest offerings to find your next dream job.
To work as part of a team to develop and maintain Linux/Windows web hosting computer systems and report system statuses to management in both verbal and written formats. This position will strictly be a hybrid 2nd – 3rd shift position (hours are 5 pm – 1 AM CST Wednesday – Sunday)
- Coordinates with Technical Support to resolve all system related customer issues.
- System monitoring, maintenance, and configuration on several variants of Linux, BSD and Windows 2003/2008.
- Installation/configuration of equipment.
- Install/monitor/administer new Internet access and/or application servers running several variants of Linux as well as Windows 2003/2008.
- Create trouble ticket and escalate appropriately.
- Use ticketing and notification procedures.
- Handle spam and security issues.
- Might have specialized focus (i.e. backups, mail systems, vmware, nagios etc.).
- Write PERL, Shell, C, python, VBScript and/or .NET scripts to automate administration tasks.
- Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management information systems, or similar technical discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experience (4 years). Although a degree is preferred, it is not a requirement as long as the experience is strong.
- RHCE/LPI certification desirable.
- Familiarity with system administration on several variants of Linux, including, but not limited to, Debian/RH/Centos and Windows 2003/2008.
- Skill to diagnose and remedy serious UNIX-related problems and/or failures promptly and effectively.
- Ability to perform periodic software and hardware system updates, upgrades, backups and security patches.
- Desire and patience to work with other members (must be a team player) of the staff to fix and improve existing services as well as add new ones.
- Ability to install, configure, optimize and maintain network services including but not limited to Apache, Bind/MyDNS/PowerDNS, Sendmail/Postfix/Exim and FTP.
- Experience with Shell scripting, PERL or C is required.
- Working knowledge of SQL, LDAP desirable.
- Working knowledge of clusterization (i.e. Windows cluster and/or Linux LVS).
- Strong organizational and communication skills (this is a definite requirement).
- Interview process can be several rounds including a lab test at the end so qualified applicant will have to be able to pass to be considered.
- Can get off the ground running and assisting the team with little supervision at times.
- Equipment Operation:
- Networking hardware, Dell and Custom Intel.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Must be available for on-call duties.
Reference code: HL0201205SA
System Software Engineer
Research, design and develop technologies used in Hostlantic’s current and next generation cloud products, including HostCloud Servers, HostCloud Sites, CDN, Cloud Storage, and more.
- Design and implement components of Hostlantic’s cloud products, including the backend components and RESTful APIs.
- Evaluate new technologies and research their applicability.
- Resolve systems issues and manage the platform during its early implementation stages.
- Work collaboratively with other engineers and utilize agile development practices.
- Master of Science degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2 years of system-level development experience.
- Minimum 2 years of software development experience with C programming.
- Minimum 1 year experience in system programming on Linux.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Experience in the following is a plus:
- Knowledge of DNS, HTTP, SMTP, TCP/IP and related Internet protocols.
- Experience in Python or other script languages.
- Knowledge of load balancing, global load balancing, caching, CDN, cloud computing, virtualization.
- Experience in cloud/cluster development.
- Experience in RESTful API development.
- Experience on System/Network administration, including Linux, Web server, DNS, database, CDN.
Reference code: HL0201205SSE
Technical Support Representative
Hostlantic is seeking a highly motivated and versatile Technical Support Representative to work in our Vancouver office. The successful candidate will demonstrate an enthusiastic attitude towards technology, an ability to embrace new technologies, a focus on problem solving, and customer satisfaction.
Our Support Team is a diverse, tight-knit group of individuals with a wide range of specialties in hardware, networking, security, programming, Linux, Windows, and e-mail. The role of a Technical Support Representative at Hostlantic involves providing support to our customers over the phone and through email, hands-on server assistance, a high degree of troubleshooting/problem resolution, and working on projects in a team-oriented environment.
- Provide excellent technical assistance via phone or email.
- Identify the true nature of problems, and provide accurate and timely responses.
- Maintain sufficient understanding of past and current operating systems and applications to troubleshoot a wide-array of technical issues.
- Multi-task and understand workflow management to effectively handle multiple requests.
- Understand troubleshooting concepts and apply them accordingly.
- Participate in the active development of a team environment.
- Solve complex, multi-department issues, seeing them through to resolution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of proven technical support experience.
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Ability to work the following shift in Downtown Vancouver: Sunday and Monday from 6am to 3pm, Tuesday to Thursday from 9am to 6pm; shift may change based on departmental needs (please verify that you can commute to Downtown on Sunday at 6am as transit is limited); there is a possibility of a Tuesday to Saturday shift similar to the above.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed. Must be fluent in English.
- Solid understanding of web hosting and internet technologies.
- Expertise troubleshooting DNS, web hosting and email issues.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals
- Programming/scripting experience
- Experience with SQL
- Linux proficiency
Reference code: HL0201205TSR
Equal Opportunity Employer
Hostlantic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by Federal, State or local law.